Sat Nav point: Gate B, Temple Island Meadows, Remenham Lane, Henley-on-Thames, RG9 3DB. View google map Henley Women’s Regatta is easily accessible from all main road networks. If you are driving to HWR, please observe the strict one-way traffic flow along Remenham Lane. The one-way system is for both spectators and competitors and must be strictly adhered to.
Travel and parking
Travel by car
Directions from M4
- Leave the M4 at junction 8/9 and join the A404 (M) towards Henley and High Wycombe.
- Join the A4130 towards Henley for about 4 miles.
- At the top of Remenham Hill, turn right into Remenham Church Lane.
- At the T junction, turn left towards Henley.
- Once you see the blue road signs to Temple Island Meadows, please follow these signs to Gate B for the car park.
- The regatta will be signposted, with the car park on your left-hand side.
Sat Nav point: Hillside Car Park, Remenham Lane, Henley-on-Thames, RG9 3DB View google map
Hillside Car Park is directly across the road from the main Regatta site entrance. Once parked in Hillside, it’s a short walk across the road onto the Regatta site.
Car parking fees are paid directly to The Venue. Book parking
Travel by rail
Rail travel to Henley Women’s Regatta is simple, as there is a National Rail Station in Henley.
- From the station, the Regatta site is a short taxi ride.
- To walk (approx. 20 mins) On leaving the station, head towards the river and cross via Henley Bridge. Turn left onto the tow path and follow the tow path for about 2km.
Travel by air
The nearest airport to Henley Women’s Regatta is London Heathrow. From Heathrow there are several travel options:
- Hire a taxi (approximately £60-£70). Pre-booking a taxi using a Henley company is often cheaper. (See “travel by taxi” below)
- Rent a car (the drive is approximately 35 minutes).
- Take the train to Henley Station (approx 90 minutes): Take the Heathrow Express to London Paddington. Take the GWR towards Oxford to Twyford Station. At Twyford switch platforms to take the GWR to Henley-on-Thames.
Helicopter charters can be booked through www.helipad.co.uk
Travel by taxi
Below are three local taxi companies based in Henley-on-Thames that will transport you to the Henley Women’s Regatta site.
Please contact these companies directly to pre-book. Please also note that other firms are available. HWR does not take any responsibility for the service provided by these or other taxi companies.
Please give the driver careful instructions for your pickup point, e.g, Remenham Club (Gate G) Remenham lane, Upper Thames Rowing Club (Gate F) or Henley Womens Regatta, Temple Island Meadows (Gate B).
AA Henley Taxis 01491 575799 www.aahenleytaxi.com
County Cars 01491 579696/576062 firstname.lastname@example.org
Go Green Taxis offer hybrid and electric taxis and easy online booking.. www.gogreentaxisltd.co.uk
For accessibility information please click here.