Competitor Information – Please download & print all of the documents below:
Adaptive crews adverse weather circulation patterns
Water Circulation Pattern During Racing
Reporting & safeguarding
2017 HWR Safety Zones
Water Circulation Patterns For Time Trials
Water Circulation Pattern prior to Monday 12th June
Water Circulation Pattern between Monday 12th June and end of Thursday 15th June
Welcome to the Competitors section of the HWR website. Key dates and information are listed below. All further competitor information will be added to the website in due course and accessed from the submenu or links on this page. If you have any questions then please contact the Entries Secretary on email@example.com
- All competitors entered in Elite, Senior or Intermediate events should expect to race on the Friday. The J16 time trials will be held no earlier than 6.30pm Friday. The Junior Time Trial will be held before the start of racing on Saturday morning. Side by side racing for J16 and junior events will only begin on the Saturday.
- Time trials for those Elite, Senior and intermediate events requiring them will be held on the Friday morning. Side by side racing will commence in the afternoon for these events.
- Time trials for any J16 events requiring them will be held on Friday evening and no earlier than 18:00. Time trials for any Junior event requiring them will be held before side by side racing commences on the Saturday morning.
- Entries close at midnight (UK time) on Tuesday 30th May.
- The draw will take place on Friday 2nd June and be published on Tuesday 6th June.
- Due to the limited time available to construct the regatta enclosure, crews will not be able to access the site or toilets until 9.00 am on Wednesday 14th June. We will endeavour to have the landing stages and boat racks available from Wednesday morning.
- Prior to Wednesday 14th June crews who wish to practise should make arrangements to boat from a local club. Please note no safety cover is operational on the river until the Regatta commences on Friday.
- Car Parking charges will not apply until Friday 16th June. Towing vehicles are admitted free of charge but MUST apply for and display a permit to be affixed to the windscreen at all times. Three day car parking passes are available online at the reduced concessionary price of £30, only available in advance. Further car park tickets can be brought online and in advance at £12 per day* Click here to apply or at the gate on the day for £15/day. (*excludes booking fees). Clubs may book a free trailer pass on line.
- All Cars are to be parked in the top section of the car park. Please no cars other than towing vehicles in the boat trailer area Car Park at Gate B. Please note that the Car Park gate will be locked at 8.30pm on training days.
- Trailer parking is at Gate B and will be available from Midday on Tuesday 13th June. Competitors and trailers must follow the one way traffic flow in Remenham Lane and note that parking outside of Regatta times is at owners/clubs own risk.
- Crews must remove all boats from the Enclosure boat racks by 9.00pm on Sunday 18th June. Under no circumstances must trailers be left on Remenham Lane or in the layby by the gate or your vehicle or trailer will be towed away.
- All crews are advised that during racing, the event may be filmed using an overhead unmanned aerial vehicle with camera (drone). Crews are thereby assumed to consent to being filmed and for the operation of a drone in their proximity whilst racing.
If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org